** THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD **
- Please include your name, address, phone number, email address, school/community activities and personal accomplishments.
Essay (500 words)
- Write a short essay about a family member or other person that has made a sacrifice to provide you with
greater opportunity in your life.
- How did this sacrifice impact you?
- How may things have been different without this person making their sacrifice?
- How will you honor this person if you get the chance?
Two letters of recommendation
- One letter from a school district employee.
- One letter from a community leader who is not a school district employee.
Official high school transcript
- Please make sure the transcript is sealed when it is submitted.
- How much money have you and your family currently saved for your higher education expenses?
- How much money annually (outside of student loans) will your family provide you with for higher education expenses?
- What is your family’s annual household income?
Candidates must submit the above documents by FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2019. Packages can be given to
school counselors or directly mailed to: Zak Ford, P.O. Box 878, Rancho Cordova, CA 95741. Completed packages submitted by scholarship candidates will be reviewed by members of
the Ford family. In addition to the quality of the documents, financial need will play a role in the selection of a winner. The scholarship winner will be notified by the beginning of May and will be
recognized at their school’s “Awards Night.” A $1,000 check will be disbursed upon verification of enrollment in a two-year or four-year college or university.
For more information, please contact Zak Ford at 916-813-6658 or ZakFord@gmail.com.